Friday, May 10, 2013

May 3





After having the long arm for over a year, I have finally decided I could possibly do this.
It has been the hardest thing I've learned in a loooong time. But I think I'm getting the hang of it.
I'm just learning how to rack the quilt, tie-off, baste.....all the basics first. Then there is the computer,
yeah, not my favorite...you have to learn to run the programs, line them up, re size the program ...
on and on...BUT...I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Once I get all this necessary stuff down, I get to be creative, that is what I'm aiming for. I have been making large block quilts. They take maybe 20 minutes to cut and sew, but the large block lets me see my progress on the long arm. Practice makes progress, right? Not looking to be perfec,t just progress. I am so thankful Mike did all my quilts for the past year, this is quite the experience. (He's a quick learner. There isn't anything he can't do, really.) 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww thoughs are really cute quilts your really good at it

~~~