Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer?

This is what I saw out our window when I woke up, I don't think it's been over 75 all month. Weird...

I have a couple of quilt tops done, each one with a little more advanced pattern. I had them set aside. Mike asked" When are ya gonna finish those?". I said I need to learn how to hand quilt or machine quilt them together. His answer " don't they make a rack for it to sit on so you can hand stitch it?" I told him it was called a quilt frame. The next day he was in the garage making me one. ( I didn't even ask!)I'll tell ya now, it's prettier than my first quilt......:) He did an excellent job.

I just started hand stitching a large flower in the middle of the large blocks.I took a flower out of the girls coloring book and enlarged it on the copier until I liked the size.(never under estimate the value of a coloring book).

School is over, we've enjoyed the last couple of weeks off.It's rained most of the month, we had BBQ dinners on the nice days as much as we could. Not to much exciting happening, just enjoying our free summer time.

Oh, I forgot. I seen my first Bobcat. It was a little bit up the road. I was on my way to the store and he/she just trotted across the road in front of me. It was so neat. Bigger feet than I expected. It wasn't in a hurry and oh was it pretty.

No comments:

~~~